Monday, June 8, 2009

growing in the sunshine (or lack of)

Helam.. He is so happy to be 5 months old! HA.. But if you look close, there are his little nubbin teeth.. And yes, they do hurt!

Today marks the 5th month of sweet Helam's existence in our family... He is such a fun boy! He has so many particulars it is crazy. This last month, I have tried to feed him rice cereal. He is not so much a fan. But can you blame him. This kid wants the real FOOD... When ever I am holding him on my lap, he reaches out for my food and I feel so bad, because I want to give it to him, but cant. So in the next couple of weeks I will start to give him the goods of Gerber.... We will see how that goes!

Here is Korban and Helam taking their little cat nap together! Brothers are so much fun!!!

Helam has so many particulars that none of my other kids have had.. He like to sleep in his own bed and he is on a schedule! I KNOW!!!! This is an amazing feat I think. He really doesn't nap very well in the day, he takes a couple of cat naps, but that is about it... Then come 8:30 he is SOOO ready for his own bed. This makes me very happy! I just hope that he stays this way.. I am keeping my fingers crossed..

School has ended for my girls! Today was their first official day of no school! I would like to say that they couldn't be happier, but I don't think they are.. I have caught Morgan being a bit sad about no school a couple of times, and on the other hand, Samantha is so glad school is out!

During the awards ceremony on their last day of school, they all got awards. Morgan got most improved reader, Samantha got high achievement in her academics and Kylah got an award from the State Board of Education for coming in the top ten percent nationally in four different area's for the Iowa Tests.. I am so proud of them all for their hard work! I keep telling them that they need to keep it up, so they all can get full ride scholarships to college!!! We will see how that goes!

Other than that, there really isn't to much to post about! Life just keeps ticking by.. It is amazing how fast it all goes. I can remember being a kid and thinking that every day seemed like an eternity, now I wish I had an eternity in a day. At least maybe I could get all the things I wanted done, accomplished!

I just have to share this video of Gannon. This is at a park located by Jake and Amy's house. El took the kids there when I went to bunko in May. My kids really love this park!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, 5 teeth at once, poor little guy. What a cutie, seriously I want to just snuggle him. Love the update Ange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh his chubby little face just makes me melt!! He is absolutely adorable!! I can't believe it's been 5 months...I too would like eternity in a day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helam is so cute! I love how chubby he is! He is going to be a big boy :) When you add the Gerber goods, along with all that cream that you are already feeding him...he is a healthy, healthy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so stinkin' cute! What a sweet boy. He got his teeth early! And I can't believe he is 5 months old already. How crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's 5 months already? Time really does fly. Sounds like all of the kids are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer and we're all stuck inside. :( Helam is adorable and I love the pic of him sharing the bed with Korban! So cute. I can't believe the teeth! He seems too young still! Poor babes.

    ReplyDelete