Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm gonna get all "churchy"

Today marked the first day of general conference weekend. I always like general conference weekend. As someone in my ward last week said, what could be better than "pajama church?" I laughed. Along with many others.
Not only do I like Pajama Church, but I love being able to sit and listen with my family. Last Sunday Morgan, Kylah and Emer (along with the boys) received a bingo card of words to mark off when someone who was giving a talk mentioned. It was fun. But man on man does Emer get competitive! She was getting so angry because her sisters had more words marked off than her! How dare they!!!
I didn’t get to listen to all of the messages from today’s sessions. I had to run to the store and get things ready for Easter and well then I had to go to work! BLAH.. (by the way only 2 more Saturdays left. WAHOO) But the messages I did hear, were all inspiring! Every conference, I truly feel that the talks that are given are just for me.. Today was no exception! I loved the talks that were directed to the Mothers! I feel so uplifted. I am so truly blessed to be a mother. I am also so blessed that I belong to a church who fully supports mothers and their divine callings on this earth. I am also so blessed that I am married to a man who wants me to be a full time mother! El supports me in all that I want to do. He never tries to talk me out of whatever ideas come into my head. He lends a hand when needed and he fully appreciates my strengths. At times I don’t think I have any strengths, but El is always quick to remind me of them. For that I am grateful.
I also just wanted to say how blessed I am to have an Eternal Companion who holds the Priesthood. What a true blessing it is to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to know of the truthfulness of the Gospel and to have the Priesthood Keys restored. About 3 weeks ago I came into work and the girl who was here before me told me that a patient was requesting a blessing. The Elder who comes on the weekends had already been and so we didn’t have anyone coming. I told her I would take care of it. I called El and he was right here. He went down and did the blessing and felt the Spirit so strongly. I normally wouldn’t have called El, but he had just dropped me off and so he wasn’t far. He was happy to do it! Today when I came into work, I got a call from one of the floors about a patient who needed a blessing, so I did an overhead page. About five minutes later the floor called me and let me know that one of the hospital employee’s had run up to do it! What an amazing gift we have. As the girls sing "Priesthood power"!
To be a part of something so amazing is the greatest gift of all! I truly have a testimony of the restoration. I am so grateful to Joseph Smith and his courage! I am also so grateful to my Savior, Jesus Christ! He is an amazing man, and my hope in this life is to live worthily so I can return to Him and my Heavenly Father with Honor.

1 comment:

  1. Angie, what an amazing testimony you have. You are such a great mom, wife, and friend-cuz:) Thanks for sharing, you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete