Sunday, August 7, 2011

speaking of chickens.....

Over the last couple of weeks I have made daily excursions outside to see if any of my loudly clucking chickens have laid any eggs... I was totally surprised to find one at the bottom of the back porch steps. It was cracked, but it was still an egg. I was elated! So yesterday I heard them clucking along with the family and we couldn't find one of the hens.. WELL, my Grandma searched and searched and found this;
Here is one of our hens.. She is one of the friendliest... She was sitting on all of these eggs... I marked them with an X so that we knew they were older. Apparently many of our hens have been laying in this spot and we didn't know it... After I took this picture, she went back into the nest and laid another egg... This is the greatest part of having chickens...

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you guys have chickens. we have been wanting to get some for a while, and talking about it but haven't quite figured out how we want to work it it yet on our little lot. If we ever get brave enough, you will have to give us some tips!

    ReplyDelete