This is Helam right after he was born and they got him a bit cleaned up.
During this week, I have taken notes on all of the things that I want to remember about him and our family.
1. On Sunday after we got home and all of the kids got settled down and were starting to get used to the baby being here, Gannon was sitting with El and Helam and looked at El with the most serious face and said "New Baby Stinks". I don't know if he was saying that he needed his bum changed or if he was just stating a fact.
2. I forgot how much I dread night time with new babies. Those first couple of nights when your first home (at least to me) are dreadful. I couldn't sleep much and just kept watching the baby.
3. When Helam cries, Gannon freaks out. The other morning I was changing Helam and he was crying (because he hates to be changed) and Gannon ran down the hall way saying, "Dad, Dad where are you? New baby needs you. He is mad". It is good to see that he is staring to care for his baby brother.
4. Yesterday we had to take Helam to the Doc for a post hospital check up. This kid is growing like a weed. When he was born he weighed 7 9. When we left the hospital he weighed 7 5. Yesterday he weighed 7 12. WOW..
5. Boppy pillows are awesome!!! After having 6 kids, I thought I knew all of the tricks to the trade. Man was I wrong. My sister is letting me use her bobby pillow. I thought it would be a waist of space and time. I have now come to realize that I want one for myself. I love the boppy pillow.
6. I have almost had more melt downs than before. Okay not really, but I have had one. It was about oatmeal and the kids. I text El and asked him when he would be home. (he is working 1/2 days this week) and said that I was having a bit of a tough time, but not to worry, I wasn't ready to check myself into the mental hospital just yet. :)
7. Overall this week has been awesome. Other than the tears I have shed and the pain I still feel. My kids are all such great helpers! The girls are right there to help with anything and Korban is just as sweet as can be. The best thing about this week, is that Gannon hasn't written me out of his will. And El is my life!!! Without him, I don't think I could do anything. He is there to console me when I need it, and there to pick me up when I don't think I can get up myself. To him, I am eternally grateful.. I couldn't have chosen a better companion.Here he is.. A week old.. I sure do love this boy!