Sunday, July 18, 2010

road trippin

On Thursday El and I started the long haul with my cousin Bryan to Indiana... WHY Indiana you ask, well to make a long story short (at least I hope to) we drove Bryan there to pick up a car.. UGH! 51 hours of drive time and about 14 hours of sleep the entire time and being gone from my kids from 7:30 am on Thursday til 10:00 am today (Sunday). It was tiring, and to write this post is taking it out of me.. BUT, i'm puttin my shoulder to the wheel!

We traveled from Utah to Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky to Indiana! WOOZERS! Prior to this trip I have been to Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, New Mexico and Colorado.. SO, i'm not well traveled.. But this was such an eye opener to this Country that we live in! I LOVED Nebraska!!! The smell was wonderful and the people that I met were so fantastic! The tiny part of Iowa that I saw was flooded, but still very green! I could go forever without having to travel back to Missouri. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty state, but the major cities that we traveled through were scary! I also LOVED Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana! They were all so GREEN and beautiful! I have decided the heck with the desert, I'M moving to Kentucky! Well not really, but I just fell in love with it!

Here are a few little observations about my trip:
*Hitchhiking is still in practice AND against the law! I saw a couple of people trying to hitch a ride, and more than a couple signs that were telling you it was a NO NO!
*Utah is so LAX when it comes to speeding in "work zones". I think it was in Nebraska I read a sign that said "if you hit a worker in a zone, $10,000.00 fine and LOSS of license". And in Illinois a sign that said "workers hit in zone = $10,000.00 fine and 14 years in prison" I told El that I think I would rather loose my license!
*CORN is everywhere!!!!
*Humidity causes major pimples! Seriously, am I 16???
*Humidity and the heat ='s sweaty boys!!! EEEWWWW!
*The smell of Indiana and Kentucky is WONDERFUL! To me it smelled like eucalyptus and peppermint.
*I'm not sure that the Prophet Joseph Smith knew what he was saying when Zion would be built in Missouri... (I have NO doubt that he knows what he is saying, but I WAS TERRIFIED of Missouri!)

Here is a little slide show of some pictures! It was a great trip and our Country is BEAUTIFUL!!!
I couldn't find a great song to put with the show, so just sing whatever song you would like in your head!


No comments:

Post a Comment