Friday, September 12, 2008

Bryan vs the Hurricane

My Cousin Bryan
This is my cousin Bryan.. He is like a brother to me. We were raised together and he well is awesome. He is a Marine and I think sometimes he thinks he is Rambo.. When we were kids, my Grandpa would take us to the Army, Navy Surplus Store and Bryan could always find something there.. Me, not so much...
This is where Bryan vs the Hurricane comes into play... I have never been worried about Hurricanes.. Because I haven't had any reason to be worried, because all of my family lives here in Utah. And recently Bryan has moved to Houston TX. So this is the first time that I have had to worry about anyone I care about in a Hurricane.
I spoke with Bry yesterday and he is totally thrilled that there is a Hurricane.. (I told you he thinks he is Rambo) He told me about his 45 min wait to get gas and my Grandma told me about how he was telling her about the people fighting in WalMart over everything.
I asked him if he was going to evac and he was very infatic that he is going to ride out the storm.. He told me that he has his video camera & camera ready to go.. I asked him if he had food and water and he said he has food and beer.. I guess that will work..
So now is a wait and see game. I hope that everything goes well for him.. But like he told me, "I'm a Marine, I can handle this"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so grateful that we have such amazing people like that not only fighting for us, but also helping us in a time of need.

    See you tonight girlie!!

    ReplyDelete