Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

This rainy Monday Korban started kindergarten.


It was one of the worst days for me. I just knew something would go wrong and well it kind of did.
The week before school started Korban went and met with his teacher to do his testing. He wasn't a fan of it at all. He didn't want to use a pencil or write. He did count and use his sounds. I also let his teacher know that if he gets uncomfortable or worried then he will leave. She reassured me that he would be okay.
Well Monday at high noon (school gets out at 1205) came and I got the feeling that I needed to run to the school. So I ran out the door and went. I found Korban standing on the sidewalk in front of the school all by himself. I went to him and asked him what he was doing and he let me know that he was waiting for me to pick him up. I reminded him that he was taking the bus. I walked him over to his teacher to let her know that he was in front of the school and she was as shocked as I was. (I in NO way blame her! Korban just does his own thing) Needless to say, he took the bus home and I was a wreck the entire time. But, he made it home!
Today he did well. He rode the bus to and from school. He even decided to use a crayon to write the letter K!...

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Korban, he'll get use to it. School is hard no matter what age and to be away from momma, well even harder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! You're a good momma for listening to your prompting. I hope he feels better about it soon. He sure is looking much older in his pictures.

    ReplyDelete