Tuesday, November 11, 2008

He must know...

As of late, Gannon has become really clingy to me. He wants me to hold him all of the time, and he wants to sleep in my bed more than usual. The other morning I got up to go to the bathroom (this is like a 5 times a night occurrence) and all of a sudden I hear him scream "MOMMA".. This has never been Gannons MO. He is a very independent child, who likes to explore and do his own thing. The only thing that I can attribute it to, is he must know that the new baby will be coming soon and he wants to give me all of the love he can before I am turned into a milk machine.
I can remember Samantha being so happy to have twin sisters, and she didn't have any issues with the new babies. Morgan was totally at peace when Emer was born, unlike Kylah who all of a sudden started to have crying fits. (thank goodness that is over now) and when Emer was born she was okay with Korban. Korban on the other hand had huge issues when Gannon was born. He refused to let a new baby even take up his space, and that is when he started to rub my arm and face all of the time.
So now I am just waiting to see how Gannon will handle his new baby brother. El and I joke all of the time that "new baby" will come out huge and ready for a fight because he will have to defend himself from Gannon, but I really don't think that will be the case. I think that Gannon will be so excited to have someone to give loves to, because he already loves to wrestle everyone else.
Time will tell..

4 comments:

  1. Cute post. What a sweet boy. It is funny how kids act to new family members. I hope Gannon is sweet to the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angie, I know how you feel. Triston is also a lot more clingy and won't do anything alone. Sweet babies. I guess we'll see you in a couple of nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see how he will like the new baby. Tommy was mad at me when I first had Zack, and he wouldn't touch Zack! Now, they can't be without eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie you look so good for 30 weeks! Melina is due Dec 21st, so you two will have babies pretty close in age. Good luck, you are such a good mom Ü

    ReplyDelete